SAVE THE DATE: The GuildHE Research Summer School will take place in Mary Ward House, London on 7- 8 September 2020
The GuildHE Research Summer School is a great opportunity for doctoral researchers to:
- Focus on your own professional development as a researcher in the collegial company of your peers from across a wide range of Universities and specialist Colleges
- Meet and engage with experts representing some of the UK’s most renowned national research resources
- Develop and nurture professional relationships with peers from across multiple disciplines
- Get an insight into some key areas of research, development and impact and their policy context to equip you on your researcher career journey
- Leave with a spring in your step and the motivation to explore specific areas of development in more detail with research supervisors and colleagues, through GuildHE Research and through engagement with partners operating in the broader knowledge economy
Format and Programme
The Summer School takes place over two days in London.
Participants will take part in workshops and discussion sessions with a range of speakers and organisations, likely to include the NCCPE, The Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology, Crafts Council, Institute for Community Studies, The British Academy, The Health Foundation, Wellcome Collection and more
The event also includes refreshments, lunch and dinner on the first day and lunch and refreshments on the second day. Previous attendees have greatly valued the time and space for informal networking.
You can see the draft programme here.
*Please note that we are planning to hold the event face to face at the moment and monitoring the current situation closely. Depending on how the pandemic unfolds, we may condense the sessions and conduct the school virtually on the same dates and hold a day in person in early 2021.
Participants from GuildHE Research members:
To register for the GuildHE Summer School contact the research lead (e.g. Director of Research, PVC Research) at your institution – places are limited. If you want to check details about the key contact from your university, please visit the members page of our website here.
Participants from non-GuildHE Research members:
We are delighted to offer a limited number of places to participants from non GuildHE Research member institutions on a first come first served basis. If you want to check whether your university is a member or not, please visit the members page of our website here.
There will be a £250 charge to attend (including lunch and dinner on day 1 (excluding accommodation and travel).
Please contact Haleema Masud, email@example.com, to access the booking form. The deadline to register is 15 July, 2020.
You can contact Haleema Masud, firstname.lastname@example.org for further information